Percayalah... Suatu saat nanti... Kita 'kan dipertemukan kembali... Bintang... :)

Kamis, 27 Desember 2012

Lhoknga and Lampuuk



Welcome to Lhoknga and Lampuuk…

Click to enlargeThere are many nice beaches in Lhoknga and Lampuuk, actually one very long beach with many names, which have long been a popular weekend destination for the people of Banda Aceh. It is only 17 km from Banda Aceh and is easy to reach. Surfers having been coming here since the 1990s. Although the number of surfers has slowly been growing the place is far from crowded and the atmosphere is very cozy and social. The number of repeat visitors is high.
Both the villages of Lhoknga and Lampuuk are quiet. Beach lovers tend to stay in Lampuuk and the surfers in Lhoknga, where it is closer to the waves. The beach continues south of the river all the way to a cement factory. Locals tend to prefer this beach.Click to enlarge
The local fishing boats use the river as their harbor. The Fish market is on the river bank.
During the World War II Lhoknga was an important base for the Japanese. They once built an airport, which today is the golf course. On a hilltop beyond the cement factory the Japanese built one of their two radar bases in Indonesia. This was in order to control the Malacca Strait and be able to attack enemy ships en-route between India and Singapore.
The December 2004 Tsunami hit the area very hard. Lampuuk was almost totally wiped out. Now the trees have grown up again and there are not many physical reminders of the catastrophe.
>> SEE ALSO

Source: http://www.sumatraecotourism.com



B I S M I L L A A H I R R A H M A A N I R R A H I I M . . . MARI B E R S A M A B E R B A G I R A N G K A I A N C E R I T A, G O R E S A N K I S A H, K E K U A T A N A Q I D A H, DAN K E T A J A M A N P E N G E T A H U A N . . . . . "KUTITIPKAN SENYUMKU, DI SEJUTA MANIS SENYUMNYA...

Suka

Share to Facebook >>